Thread: book full of benches???

book full of benches???

I'm addicted to looking at pictures of workbenches. Is anybody aware of a photobook of workbenches? Not like the Schwarz book on workbench design. More like the kind of book you'd have on a coffee table.... like when you go over to someone's house and you see a book full of pictures of fishing boats, or bicycles, or cars. Like if you typed "hand tool workbench" into google, clicked 'images', and grabbed the 50 best pics and stuck them in a book along with some interesting text. I've searched Amazon, but could not find anything of the sort and I suspect no such thing exists. But maybe, just maybe, such a thing does????

Off the top of my head I can't remember the titles, but Taunton Press has published at least 2 of what you are looking for.
    Dave Anderson

Chester, NH

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Anderson NH View Post
    Off the top of my head I can't remember the titles, but Taunton Press has published at least 2 of what you are looking for.
    Found them. Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Anderson NH View Post
    The Workbench Book by Scott Landis is great.

I studied that book before I built mine.

+1 on "The Workbench Book" by Landis. There is also "The Tool Box Book", and one other I can not think of. Lots of ideas.

I can spend forever just googling different types of benches, and sometimes throwing in things like a type of wood into the search, or a certain feature. There are so many absolutely drop dead gorgeous benches people have made. I wonder if someone just contacted many of these folks (most pics come from forums or blogs where it's easy to track the owner down) and got the hi-rez photo files and stuck them in a picture book, would it sell? Probably not at what it costs to print in full color. But I would pay good money for that book!

Or put them on a calendar
    would be pricey to print but That would be cool !!

You should try Pinterest. They're pretty good about recognizing patterns in the items you 'save to your pin board'. Each time you log in, you'll get some recs.

IMHO, this is best for discovering pretty cool design from other parts of the world. People are doing some CRAZY good work...