Thread: Help Identifying a Precision Straight Edge

Help Identifying a Precision Straight Edge

Hi folks, have been browsing this forum for a long time and this is my first post. Guess I really need help here.

Acquired these at an antique shop. I'm pretty sure these are precision straight edges for tool making, they are around 4 inches long. They are much alike Brown &Sharpe model 530. But the shapes are slightly different and the engravings are quite interesting, I tried google it, but have no luck. Anyone know what brand are these?

Thanks a lot!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Possibly user made.N o commercial straight edge I have seen has such fancy engravings. They would have to have been engraved before the tool was hardened. And,the engravings are not of professional quality,though they look nice at first glance. The form of the tool itself is quite beautiful,surpassing any I have ever seen.
    Last edited by george wilson; 08-08-2020 at 3:38 PM.

Those little darling straight edges have my initials on them. So hand them over or get wrecked
    AJH
    Aj

I have at least one about 8 or 10" long,which I never use. I'm just used to using the blade of a Starrett or B and S square blade.

Good to see you back here George.
    Dave Anderson

Chester, NH

I know, precision edges are usually not as stylish as these. Thanks for the info, I would go with user made possibility.

I thought they were brown & sharpe model 530 at first, I have one of those as well, but they are not the same!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Hughes View Post
    Those little darling straight edges have my initials on them. So hand them over or get wrecked
    AJH
    busted lol