Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Upgrading Festool ribbed hoses

You can get heat shrink fabric too It's a bit more expensive, but it gives some options.

Very nice btw, I do love me some well managed cabling.
    ~mike

happy in my mud hut

Blog Entries
    Nice fix but it isn’t green...

The biggest issue I have with the standard Festool hoses is when using them with the track saw. The ribs catch on the edge of everything. The tracks come with a plastic kit at the end to guide the hose, but at some point the hose almost always has to be routed over the edge of a piece of plywood or whatever it is I am cutting. Do you find that the sleeve helps with this type of issue?
    Man advances just in proportion that he mingles thought with his labor. - Ingersoll

Quote Originally Posted by Jon McElwain View Post
    The biggest issue I have with the standard Festool hoses is when using them with the track saw. The ribs catch on the edge of everything. The tracks come with a plastic kit at the end to guide the hose, but at some point the hose almost always has to be routed over the edge of a piece of plywood or whatever it is I am cutting. Do you find that the sleeve helps with this type of issue?
    Yes, it does in my experience of putting a sleeve over my hose/cord. I have much less "binding" now on the edge of what I'm working with the track saw or the router or even sanders, for that matter. The latter is what gets the most use in my work.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Mike King View Post
    Nice fix but it isn’t green...
    https://www.wirecare.com/interest/ca...gre-25-ft-cuts

You're welcome.