Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Roof Day For The Shop...

Beautiful shop and roof, Jim. How big is the shop?

I've taken care of way too many roofers in my career. Smart move to leave that work to others.

The first patient I saw die was a professional roofer that fell. He was perfected lucid when he arrived in the ER. Died in the OR. I never forgot him.

I had some guys come over to clean out my dryer vent this week. They used this amazing spider lift. It sat on their truck, but could easily lift up on legs and be removed.

Roof Lift.jpg

My roof is about 40 feet tall, so I'm scared to death when workers use a ladder.
    Last edited by Alan Lightstone; 08-07-2020 at 8:20 AM.
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.

Alam, I can imagine how many trades people you've seen in the ER from falls over the years...not pretty. Some of it's because of unfortunate accidents, but I bet a lot of it was because of ignoring safety rules and processes/gear.

The building is 23 x 44 internally, but the shop is 23 x 30. Plus the upstairs. It's one of the primary reasons we bought this property back in 1999.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...