Thread: need help with cut on table saw

need help with cut on table saw

can you help me with a question,,im using the incra se1000 and i have checked it to make sure it is square with the blade but when i try crossing cutting a 1 inch square block it seems to run on a bevel on one side,,not much but you can tell it,,i done the same cut on my miter saw with no trouble at all,,,,,could the blade itself be warped,,should i get a new blade,,thank you

Blog Entries
    Most likely the blade is not correctly aligned parallel to the miter slot. When would is pushed into a misaligned blade, the resulting cut will be angled top to bottom. I recommend checking the alignment with a dial indicator mounted on a block of wood clamped to the miter gauge using the same spot on the blade at the front and then at the rear.
    Last edited by Lee Schierer; 08-05-2020 at 7:54 PM.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Is the blade parallel with the slot your mitre gauge is riding in?
    ~mike

happy in my mud hut

Is the blade vertical to the table? Not sure how it is off so no way to tell what is causing the error.
    Bill D

i used a miter square from the miter slot and marked the tooth on the rear and moved the same tooth to the front and both were exact and the blade is at 90 degrees ,,i put a machinest squae on it

I bought an incra 1000 and it was out of square. It took awhile before I figured it out but it was defective and they replaced it. Not sure if this addresses your problem.

I dull blade or wood harder then Chinese arithmetic can really test your saws setup.
    Everything needs to be right.
    Good Luck
    Aj

I was cutting oak and maple

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff oldham View Post
    i used a miter square from the miter slot and marked the tooth on the rear and moved the same tooth to the front and both were exact and the blade is at 90 degrees ,,i put a machinest squae on it
    A dial indicator against the blade plate will be far more accurate. Your method assumes that your miter gauge is set exactly to 90 degrees.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Blog Entries
    A quick 5-cut test with the miter gauge will confirm it is aligned correctly. This video is for a sled but, the same principles apply. I think we all know that Incra gauges have to be aligned to your saw to assure correct angles. I mean, you could get lucky and your saw and the gauge you get might magically align but, the setup is clearly outlined in the instructions.

Assuming the 5-cut test passes, all should be well. Since you are seeing a problem we can assume all is not. Please do a 5-cut check and report back. That will at least eliminate that fundamental possibility or give us some info to move forward with; rough cuts, toothmarks on edges, etc. We can then move on to blade condition, technique, etc.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

My first reaction was to suspect the miter gauge.

Chip and Glenn are on the same wavelength as me.