Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best Way to Round Over Corners on Tendons

I’m a little surprised that Festool hasn’t come up with a $1,200 tool to purchase for rounding over the ends on integral tenons ... maybe that would cut into the sale of loose dominos
    There is a very fine line between “hobby” and “mental illness.” - Dave Barry

I cut my mortises long on purpose, so I can take care of any alignment issues. Corners of tenons don't need to be rounded

I keep a sanding drum in the drill press most of the time. It’s high enough grit to remove wood fast. The part it won’t reach is chiseled or filed down.

A rasp is definitely my preferred method. Especially because normally I'm lazy and hold the board in my hand. Hard to hurt yourself with a rasp. Much easier to stick yourself with a chisel

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Bain View Post
    I’m a little surprised that Festool hasn’t come up with a $1,200 tool to purchase for rounding over the ends on integral tenons ... maybe that would cut into the sale of loose dominos
    Someone else already did. https://pantorouter.com

Blog Entries
    I have a router mounted in my saw table with a clear plastic panel over it. When I need to round over, I pick a bit with the radius I need and round over the edges. When I'm not routing, it does not interfere with anything.