Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What roller covers for contact cement?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Seemann View Post
    Hi Brian,
    For supplies, you might try Holdahl Company in Plymouth. I'm pretty sure they sell retail. WW Guild members get a discount on some stuff if you are a member. They appear to have a good selection of laminates, adhesives, and accessories.
    Thanks for the tip. I am going to call them to see what they say about water based contact cement with hardboard.

I talked to someone at Holdahl company about if water based contact cement would work for laminate on hardboard. He said it should work, but he recommended sticking with solvent based because there is a learning curve for water based. He said cabinet shops typically take about a month to really get proficient with water based when switching from solvent based. Personally, I am not sure water based would be that hard to use.

I am planning to get some #6 3/4" screws to countersink into the hardboard so I also have a mechanical bond. When I make more of these frames in the future I might just use screws and Titebond II instead of contact cement.