Thread: T-Track _Best Place to purchase

Blog Entries

T-Track _Best Place to purchase

Starting to build an outfeed table and was thinking of adding quite a bit of T-Track. Where is the best online resource for T-Tracks? The ones I have found are pretty expensive. Also, in your opinions, would I be better off doing for of an MFT type top than adding so many T-Tracks? I saw a posting last week that linked to a chap in the UK that developed as system (jig) for cutting the holes but have misplaced the link. TIA all.
    Tim in Hill Country of Texas

A previous thread flagged these guys and I bookmarked them, but havent yet tried them out. A company called Orange Aluminum. LINK
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Orange Aluminum would be my choice.
    My Dad always told me "Can't Never Could".

SWE

Problem with Orange Aluminum in my experience is shipping. I was about to order 4 - 48" pieces, came to $34, but shipping to NJ was $28. If you spend $100 shipping is free.

Blog Entries
    Thanks guys. 4 ft sections are <$9 and 8' sections <$19.

Quote Originally Posted by tim walker View Post
    I saw a posting last week that linked to a chap in the UK that developed as system (jig) for cutting the holes but have misplaced the link. TIA all.
    You may be thinking of the Parf Jig, developed by Peter Parfitt. I got mine from Lee Valley, but it seems they are out of stock. The only listing I could find is from TSO Products. https://tsoproducts.com/accessories/...ystem-mark-ii/

I used this jig to make a "Paulk-Style" workbench, and it did the trick for me.

Good Luck with whichever way you decide.

You might want to take a look at Axminister for the Parf Jig. Strangely enough, the least expensive price I found was Axminister (in England). It probably had something to do with the exchange rate. Shipping was only $7.00. By the way, the jig is brilliant and works perfectly.

Blog Entries
    So a more technical question, would you rather have an MFT type top with holes or a T-Track type top? This particular setup will be for a SawStop outfeed table/assembly table.