Thread: 3/4 Bath Corner Vanity with Storage

3/4 Bath Corner Vanity with Storage

This bathroom needed an upgrade and my wife had an idea to put in a corner vanity and I added the small side storage and tall cabinets. This really changed the look of the room and added lots of badly needed storage. I may need to build a corner mirrored medicine cabinet because they are not very popular. (Oh - yeah, I know, next job is to replace that old outlet with a GFCI.)

IMG_1640.jpg

IMG_1641.jpg

Clean work Mike. Corner cabinets are different than straight run cabinets. Yeah, the blank wall above is begging for the "prison cell" look to be replaced . Best ask the significant other what he/she/it/they want. Tell them you will need to buy a new tool or two to do the work while you can ride along on the back of the nice lower cabinet work.
    David

I would suggest a cabinet mirror in corner about same width as door, and then two flat mirrors on the sides. I use three door mirror all the time to see the sides and back when I trim my hair.
    Of course this must be cleared at top level....
    Bob

Blog Entries
    Nice work. I hope you have better experience with wood countertops in a bathroom than I've had. I agree with the three mirror idea one angled an two flat. I would also add lights above the mirror as you will be looking into a corner with the light behind you. A towel bar on the side of the tall cabinet would be handy as well and partially hidden.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Thanks for the nice comments and suggestions.

The wood top was my wife's idea and couldn't talk her out of it but I did lots of research on finishes and used Waterlox.