Thread: Renovoparts.com

Renovoparts.com

Has anyone done business with this company? I need a part for my Delta jointer that is no longer available. This website claims to be making parts for old machinery. I read one rrview of them on lumberjocks.com that blasted them stating do no do business with website.

Thanks for your input.
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.

I have not heard of them. Have you tried ebay? There is a local machinery dealer who buys inventory from cabinet shops from banks post foreclosure. They have 30 ft high pallet racks stacked with old delta tools and they have taken to disassembling them and selling the parts as they are worth way more sold by the piece.

Blog Entries
    One bad review doesn't black ball a business but, what was the complaint? Was it something minor like late shipping and the person went on a rant or was their a valid business conduct failure being reported?
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Haven't done business with renovoparts but I did order a Jet jointer part from ereplacements.com and was quite satisfied with the transaction.

Does look like they carry Delta parts. https://www.ereplacementparts.com/de...3275_7655.html
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher

I bought from renovo once. Needed the belt and belt guard on a 12 inch delta lunch box planer. I was leery about dealing with them, but I could not find the parts anywhere else, and they wanted something like 25 bucks for both combined. I got the belt, a week or two after I expected it, but it was the correct belt and it did put the planer back in business. The belt guard never arrived or shipped. I am told by the folks over at renovo that it is still on back order, but of course, the parts are not being made anymore, so it will never arrive. I have tried numerous times to either cancel the remaining order or get refund for a product I know is never going to ship - - but was not successful. All I got was BS, and honestly, I gave up fighting for the refund of like 15 bucks. What pissed me off the most, though, in my opinion they knew when they took the order that they could not fill it. Flip side - they did get me the belt that I needed and was not able to find elsewhere.

Russ

Second for www.ereplacementpart.com, I've ordered quite a few part from them; never been disappointed with part or transaction.

eplacementparts says unavailable. I always try them first.
    George

I have bought parts manufactured by Renovo for my Delta 6 x 48 belt 12 inch disk combo sander and the items were received on time and the parts were a perfect fit. Will do business with them again.

Blog Entries
    Redmond machine has a bunch of old powermatic parts. Today, Jet and Powermatic share a lot of designs. I don’t know if a PM part might work. I bought something from them a while back and was very pleased with the help I got.

http://www.redmondmachinery.com/old-powermatic-parts-1/

Try Tool Parts Direct. They may not be any help but worth a look.

I had an awful experience with Renovo. I never did get any parts and eventually did get a refund but it took weeks and weeks, several calls over and over, poor service. I would never recommend them.

I've used Renovo twice for parts for a Delta drill press. Both times they were the only place that said they had the specific parts I needed. The first time the parts were delivered quickly. The second time Renovo stated that they might be able to find the parts, but did not have them in stock. They stated I wouldn't be charged until the parts shipped. It took over a month, but they did send me the correct parts I needed. I've been very happy with my transactions with Renovo.

Finally placed my order. Called to check if they had it, they said they did. I ordered about an hour later and I shipping notice with a tracking number about an hour later. The samecafternoon I received notice from USPS they were in possession of the package. Can' t beat same day shipping. Part was exact replacement.
    George

Quote Originally Posted by George Bokros View Post
    Finally placed my order. Called to check if they had it, they said they did. I ordered about an hour later and I shipping notice with a tracking number about an hour later. The samecafternoon I received notice from USPS they were in possession of the package. Can' t beat same day shipping. Part was exact replacement.
    Glad to hear this. Thanks for the follow up George!
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Quote Originally Posted by Frederick Skelly View Post
    Glad to hear this. Thanks for the follow up George!
    +1. Thanks George! Adding Renovo to the parts vendor list.
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher