I've been spelunking the forum and reading various blogs/articles. I'll admit I'm now pretty confused and don't know what to buy (wheels, I mean. I already bought a Rikon 8" low speed grinder.)

What I think I've learned:
  1. White wheels run hotter
  2. Norton 3x blue wheels run cooler (assuming all else equal to above)
  3. CBN wheels run so cool you don't need to quench
  4. Blue/White "stone" wheels can be crowned with the diamond dresser (TFWW blogs seem to make a strong case for this being superior to a wheel dressed flat across).
  5. CBN lasts virtually forever and won't need wobble correction accessories.
  6. Some people advocate a blue wheel and a CBN combo. (60x Blue, and 120x CBN, so you have something to grind non ferrous metal)
  7. Some people advocate two CBN (better balance I've read).
  8. CBN is less PITA factor (never need to dress, less mess)
  9. CBN can't be dressed to a crown (unless you buy one that way).
  10. CBN is expensive.

I don't care about #10, if they last long enough as stated, not really a factor long term.
I currently plan to use the grinder for cambering blades for jack plane/jointer plane work. Eventually I might wear a chisel to the point it needs a new primary bevel, but that is a ways down the road.
I am 98% certain I want to get into turning at a future date. (I've almost pulled the trigger on a lathe 3 times... but need to free up more space in the garage first).
I don't have any real need to sharpen lawn mower blades or shovels or what-not. I anticipate using this for just wood working/turning tools. (I have a belt sander I can use in a pinch for the odd random garden tool if need be).
I am completely confused as to what to buy.