Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Still alive

Quote Originally Posted by george wilson View Post
    I haven’t been posting on any forum for nearly two years. Somehow I just seem to have lost interest. I’m still alive though !
    Wonderful! I hadn't seen the interview but enjoyed it greatly.

JKJ

great to hear from you George... always enjoy your posts...
    seems many of us can go through these loss of interest periods...
    the motivation factor is a mystery in life, why some have it so strong, some it comes and goes, some loose it forever, how to get it back, what causes it, etc.
    not a ww topic, but certainly a mystery@!

Glad to hear from you George! When reading your posts I always felt that I was hearing from the background/wisdom of so much "hands on experience". Always made the read much more interesting. Drop back in on occasion as we need your voice.

Jim

Glad to hear that you are still alive and on top of the grass. Always enjoyed reading your posts.
    Army Veteran 1968 - 1970
    I Support the Second Amendment of the US Constitution

For new members who don’t know George, go to his profile page and search out some of his work. It is craftsmanship it its highest level.
    https://sawmillcreek.org/member.php?45476-george-wilson
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

George, good to hear from you. When last here i think you were just getting ready for or over knee replacement surgery. Hope you got your dancing shoes on again. Like others here have already stated, your contributions here were always enlightening and your craftsmanship second to none.

I have missed your presence.

If you are looking for interesting threads that took place while you were gone, i think the machinist and craftsman in you will like anything by Brian Holcombe, particularly his Maka 6 restoration and the stops, fence, etc he made for it. Ditto his stuff for the Omga miter saw.

Hope you stick around. Best, Patrick
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 08-04-2020 at 10:15 AM. Reason: Removed Offensive Remark

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten View Post
    George,

It's good to know that you are doing well and hopefully continuing to enjoy your retirement.
    Visit more often if you can, your expertise is always appreciated here.
    What Keith said.

I ALWAYS read your posts - irrespective of the topic. Glad that you're doing well.

Scott

Great to hear from you George. I understand about the interest level rising and falling, and no push on you to jump back in if it is not the time, but I think you can see that you have many, many friends that are glad to just hear you say hello. So hello back to you and the best of wishes for you and yours.
    David

Quote Originally Posted by george wilson View Post
    I haven’t been posting on any forum for nearly two years. Somehow I just seem to have lost interest. I’m still alive though !
    I was looking into your well being a couple of weeks ago George! Great to hear that you are alive and somehow existing without a virtual presence! I hope that you are still tackling interesting projects that give you satisfaction. To add to my Nichols I now have manual and CNC Bridgeports, life is busy but good! Hope to hear more from you.

Good to hear from you George! Glad you are doing OK. Sure would like to have you stick around. You are an incredible wealth of knowledge and I always find your posts most interesting.
    Happy and Safe Turning, Don

Woodturners make the world go ROUND!

Glad to hear from you again. You have been a great inspiration to me and many others here. I have learned a ton reading your contributions. Stay well and thanks for all the advice over the years!
    Dan

Glad to hear George, I wondered what you were doing. I never miss your posts.

George - believe it or not, whenever I get into a similar funk I watch your four videos on harpsichord and violin making. I've always found them inspiring and still do. Glad you're doing well.
    "A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths."
    -Steven Wright.