Thread: Just curious . . . .

Blog Entries

Just curious . . . .

Do you use Chrome or Edge . I have gone to Edge. but I still like Chrome.

Chrome.

Both are largely the same code under the covers any more though, since both are built on the Chromium open source core. So from a rendering and performance point of view, they are pretty much the same thing.

We stick with Chrome because when my wife upgraded computers a year ago, I ditched Microsoft Office tools, and switched her over entirely to the Google online tools (GMail,Google Docs, Sheets, Google Drive, ...). It has been a great success. In-house support "calls" are down by a factor of ten ;-)

Blog Entries
    I ditched Microsoft Office tools, and switched her over entirely to the Google online tools (GMail,Google Docs, Sheets, Google Drive, ...). It has been a great success. In-house support "calls" are down by a factor of ten ;-)
    My friend retired from being a Microsoft Certified Network Engineer. Him and people he worked with preferred Microsoft because it kept them working.

With other systems some of them would become unemployed.

Great for the IT guys. To heck with the users.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Of the two, chrome... edge doesn't run on any OS I use anyway.
    ~mike

happy in my mud hut

You need to put a post it note next to your monitor that says “Don’t use Edge”.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Day View Post
    You need to put a post it note next to your monitor that says “Don’t use Edge”.
    That is a really good ides for those that cannot remember.

I use Firefox.
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

Blog Entries
    I have gone back to Chrome.

Wallstrasse 28, Hessen, 35321, Laubach, Germany
    I am using both Capture.JPG

Although I use both, I am FAR more likely to use Google Chrome than Edge, especially if I am debugging a web page because many software development things are just much easier to do in Chrome. I managed to get some testers up and running in a few minutes with Chrome (they had to insert something into the header), for Edge, it took a few hours to gather the bits and pieces and then write some custom code to modify the headers. Pain in the butt.

Ironically, on one of my work machines, Edge is not able to let me login into their system, it screws up the login. Chrome just auto-logs me in. I called the company help desk (yeah, and I am a software guy) and they said, "yeah, we see that sometimes with Edge and we don't know how to fix it, just use Chrome". It requires special permission to use Chrome at work but as a software guy I can pretty much install what I want as long as it is related to the development process; and I need to test against multiple browsers when we have a web app.

Blog Entries
    I have returned to Chrome. For what I do, it suits me fine.

Although I have both installed into my devices, I mainly use

. Chrome in my mobile
    . Edge in .y professional laptop
    . Both Edge and Chrome in my personal workstation