Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SCMI 24" WIN CS 63 Widebelt Tracking - Pneumatic to Electric Eye Conversion

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Selzer View Post
    On mine you can hear air blowing all the time
    When changing belts I insert the belt until I hear the air flow change at which time the top head angles. Pull the belt back a touch and it will angle the other way and air flow sound changes back. At this time it is close enough to use. When it starts up the belt will start tracking with the control moving the head a little bit as needed. If the belt goes too far either way than there is a finger on a limit switch that shuts the machine down. Sometimes a belt gets to where it will constantly run of to one side, I then remove the belt and turn it 180 and insert it back in. Seems to fix that problem. Have a schematic somewhere that lists the airflow requirements. Would be nice to use a smaller compressor to tension the belt and only run when needed for changing belts.
    Ron
    Does the air stream hit an electrical sensor? What triggers the piston?

How old is your SCMI ? Mine runs on electric eye and uses only a small amount of air to operate the Camozzi valves. My Sandya is a white model from the early 2000s although I thought the green 1990 versions were the same. Dave

Hi Dave,

I'm really glad you found this thread because I'm thinking you might be able to point me in the right direction!

I'm not exactly sure how old mine is but I think maybe 90s? It's serial number AE/015789.

I'm very much hoping to upgrade it to use less air.

Do you by chance have a parts diagram of your machine or can you read any numbers from your solenoid valve and optic eye?

I want to make sure I get the right components. I think I have it mostly figured out how to integrate things into the machine but any feedback is greatly appreciated. I will include a diagram of what I'm picturing.

IMG_1633.jpg
    Last edited by Matthew McMillan; 08-02-2020 at 4:09 PM.