Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Location tracker?

"FindMy" is a native Apple application. On the phone it used to be called "Find My iPhone" but since it's used across all Apple devices (phones, tablets, computers) they changed the name. It's not going to help with an Android device, itself, but someone should be able to log onto the web presence from a browser on the Android phone just like any computer.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Blog Entries
    Invasion of privacy, no thanks. I use location services only when needed Only.

I was allowed plenty of freedom as a kid, looking back that was certainly a good experience. I returned at dinner time. I want my son to always be aware of his surroundings and to become self reliant as he gets older. Tracking his whereabouts would seem to undermine the idea of building responsibility for making us aware of is location.
    Bumbling forward into the unknown.

I was tear-assing the main drags in my '67 Coronet R/T when I was 17 back in '71. Whenever something a bit more nefarious than usual happened, my old man would ask me about the next day. -- How do you know this-??

And I remember when our kids were tear-assing around in their teens, somehow we'd find out about it. And came to realize how my old man always found out what I was up to

--Long before we ever had
    Global
    Positioning
    Satellites,

--there was a great 'tracking system' in place called
    Gossip
    Parents

Good parents have ALWAYS 'tracked' their kids. Satellites have just made it a bit more-- nefarious
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Blog Entries
    Again, no thanks. I'll stick to local social networks.

I retain my social media accounts for business purposes, beyond that I don't want this continuous invasion of privacy under the guise of 'helpfulness'. We're constantly and continuously donating our rights for very minor improvements in 'security'.
    Bumbling forward into the unknown.