Having worked in my basement for the last 12 years, I wanted a dedicated structure for my shop. A future CNC and sliding table saw requires more space and I was hoping for a bit more “character”. Well after many attempts, getting a large enough separate structure on my property is a challenge primarily because the scale of a new building just wont fit well within the size of the land and all of the setback/easement limits.

So a reasonable compromise is to build out of the existing walkout side of the basement for hand tool/bench work, convert the existing shop space into a finished area for my son and his friends, and use the area adjacent to the new addition for machines. My SketchUp skills are surely not great; but I made the attached model to better understand machine placement, workflow, and expansion capability.

All of the help this forum offers is invaluable and I am open to all ideas from members.

When looking at the model, the following may be helpful:

• Existing major equipment is in green. (current SawStop is not shown)
  • New equipment and new addition space is in yellow
  • All machines are on rollers except for existing dust collector and future CNC and Sliding Table Saw
  • Red area on the Sliding Table Saw is for full extension of the sliding table and outrigger

Thank you to everyone in advance

Sal

Front of Basement V1.jpg