Thread: Harbor Fright offers their own credit card now

Harbor Fright offers their own credit card now

I got an email last night from harbor freight that they will give you a credit card. 10% off the total cost of the first purchase. Something about interest free credit for a while.
    10% off might be worth it for a tool cabinet or crane purchase.
    I already have enough cards in my wallet!
    Bill D

Blog Entries
    Home Depot was pushing credit cards last year. Got two because they didn't care how many times you applied. Even got a 10% discount buying over $1000 in lumber to build a couple of decks and was able to charge it to my regular bank card..

The second one saved me a lot on another purchase.

The cards haven't been used since.

When this covid thing is gone it may be time to cancel them.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Affinity cards are big business and add to the overall margin. I'm surprised HF took this long to do that. I was at the new store in Flemington NJ yesterday and the signage for their new card was "yuge"...they are really pushing it. I can't see biting for one, however. I don't go there often enough to even worry about the 20% coupons. LOL I di buy an actual power tool from them yesterday, however...an impact drill/driver for a specific job. On sale on top of being on sale.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Koepke View Post
    Home Depot was pushing credit cards last year. Got two because they didn't care how many times you applied. Even got a 10% discount buying over $1000 in lumber to build a couple of decks and was able to charge it to my regular bank card..

The second one saved me a lot on another purchase.

The cards haven't been used since.

When this covid thing is gone it may be time to cancel them.

jtk
    Jim
    I've always been under the impression that getting and card and then canceling is detrimental to you credit score. Have you not had this issue?

When my wife and I were engaged Sears had a credit card application deal of a free corning ware casorole dish with each application turned in at the store at a a table outside. My wife and I applied several times, my sister and her husband did it at least once each. We ended up with 10 dishes before we got married and few for wedding presents as a joke.
    Bill D.
    Last edited by Bill Dufour; 07-30-2020 at 2:13 AM.

Great news, so long as the credit card doesn't have any moving parts.
    Regards,

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas McCurnin View Post
    Great news, so long as the credit card doesn't have any moving parts.
    Haha good one
    My three favorite things are the Oxford comma, irony and missed opportunities

The problem with humanity is: we have paleolithic emotions; medieval institutions; and God-like technology. Edward O. Wilson

It will be like everything else at HF. The instructions and warnings will be unreadable and get tossed out.
    Bill D

Blog Entries
    There is a Home Depot and Lowes 10 minutes from our house. I used to have a Lowes card. I quit using credit cards.
    I have a Home Depot card in my pocket which is a debit card. I use it instead of credit cards. If the debit card is used, I will put more money on the card for convenience.

I have a Montgomery Wards credit card. I went shopping, if you signed up you got a free umbrella. When I went to leave a cloudburst was dumping outside. I went back in, filled out the application and got the umbrella. I never did use the card. Now I'm looking for a store to use it at...

The Sears Revolving charge card I got 40 years ago is still in use-as a bookmark. The moral of the story? If I get a credit card from a store they go out of business. Harbor Freight should be scared if I ask about a card much less get one.

-Tom (another one)

Do you get a free flashlight if you fill out an application at HF?
    Theyc seem to have dropped the free stuff for the duration.
    Bill D

I have one credit card and that's it.

Store cards count on you forgetting you made a purchase that month and pay your bill on time. Wham 20%+ interest. There goes your 10% off

Stores love to sell gift cards. They look at them as interest free loans from the customer. Redemption rate is very low. so that interest free loan they got often does not have to be paid back at all. And if they do, they are paying you back with product they paid wholesale but selling retail.
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

Blog Entries
    Montgomery Wards and Sears are shut down in South Texas. Wards was sometimes called "Monkee Wards".

We did not have Sears in Oklahoma, but Wards was there.

Does it have that famous HF plastic smell?

Might be the only card you have to store on the outside of your vehicle!

A few weeks ago I bought some rubber mat for the top of tool boxes from Princess Auto which is our equivalent of HF. Diann came in the house and said “what’s that awful smell?”

Mat is now outside off gassing.....Rod

They used to call it loan sharking................now they call it Visa!