Thread: Actual length of Bessey clamps...

Actual length of Bessey clamps...

I was wondering if anybody know the ACTUAL opening/clamping lenght of the Bessey K Body Revo 24" clamps?

In Europe it says 60cm.. in US it says 24", which is 60,96cm.
    But I heard its actually 64,5cm, which is 25.4".

Confused to say the least

If anybody knows the length of the longer ones, that would be great as well.

25-3/8”, if you remove the black plastic end foot thingy then about 27”
    Last edited by Mark e Kessler; 07-29-2020 at 8:08 AM.

Yea, there is a little wiggle room in the "actual" physical capacity of these clamps so you can get a workpiece sized to the stated dimension into the clamp before tightening it.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

not sure if that has always been the case with the Kbody clamps, i have some from the 90’s that open to around 49-3/8 and 33-3/4. Not sure how they were advertised at the time , probably in metric 550mm and 860mm, then they relized at some point we were Americans and changed it to dimensions we are more accustomed to based on user feedback...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    Yea, there is a little wiggle room in the "actual" physical capacity of these clamps so you can get a workpiece sized to the stated dimension into the clamp before tightening it.
    Last edited by Mark e Kessler; 07-29-2020 at 4:02 PM.

The old K-bodies were advertised as 12”, 24”, 31”, 40”, 50”, 60”, 82”, and 98” in the US.

Thats odd, wonder where my 33-3/4 fall? I did find one of the many that I have still barely had the label and it said “550” so I do think the ones I bought in the 90’s were sold as mm and not inches. They did not mark them on the metal like they do now.

Quote Originally Posted by Davis Young View Post
    The old K-bodies were advertised as 12”, 24”, 31”, 40”, 50”, 60”, 82”, and 98” in the US.