Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dust collection feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Mathews View Post
    I'm surprised Jim. You were the one that led me to The Blastgate Co. but you didn't use their recommended tape.
    I've never purchased from them...my system went in many years ago and is snaplock with most fittings from Oneida. It's not nearly as robust as yours is physically, however. I used foil tape (the good stuff, but available locally) Things evolve over time. For me, the tape has been a bonus because I've made many changes to my system over the years including several two years ago when my CNC went in.

Since I installed my setup, more vendors have become visible in the space.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Blog Entries
    Random info . . . . Blastgateco's tape is a flexible vinyl coated fabric tape with a rubber adhesive similar (if not actually) 3M's 3903 and the like. Benefits are that it will mold over irregularities smoothly and removes cleanly for a short time after application for adjustments if necessary. It is sold as a light duty tape in that it is more appropriate for sealing duct or marking cables than for supporting weight over time.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    Random info . . . . Blastgateco's tape is a flexible vinyl coated fabric tape with a rubber adhesive similar (if not actually) 3M's 3903 and the like. Benefits are that it will mold over irregularities smoothly and removes cleanly for a short time after application for adjustments if necessary. It is sold as a light duty tape in that it is more appropriate for sealing duct or marking cables than for supporting weight over time.

The 2 rolls of tape that I purchased from Blastgate about a month ago is not vinyl coated fabric tape but all vinyl. I agree about it not having the ability to hold much weight. It tears fairly easy by hand like electrician's tape. It seals very well even over irregular surfaces like rivet heads, etc.

When I purchased my fittings for spiral pipe I got them from Spiralmfg.com in Minneapolis. They had more selection and better pricing than Blastgate at that time. I purchased all my pipe locally for several reasons. One ,using 10 'lengths worked better than 5' (less couplers) and there was no way I wanted to pay freight on pipe. The other reason was it was actually cheaper where I live to buy pipe locally. I saved about 40% on the fittings sourced through Spiral versus local however.