Good point Bill - I keep just calling it resistance, but I should refer to the overall AC effect as impedance.

I'm very happy with the $7 (shipped) NTC Thermistor solution. I did some tests to see the impact of it being heated up and restarting the saw as soon as it spun down. The current was still reduced significantly. I think the combination of the normal running current being much less than the FLA and the time for it to spin down made it very effective for the application. I went with a very low resistance Thermistor (1 ohm) which could likely be increased and lower the inrush more but the 1 ohm provided all I needed.

Thanks to all for the alternate potential solutions. To add to those there are motor soft starters and modules that have SCR and Triacs to do some switching and such to reduce the current. Another potential is reducing the start capacitor. Even using PTC thermistors in the start circuits and such of the motor. Those are all more expensive and more intrusive so I'm happy with the NTC Thermistor solution. I also suspect typically people use longer power wiring and smaller power cords which would keep the inrush down. Therefore, I'm sure this isn't a universal problem. But maybe it could help someone with a similar issue.

Thanks All!!