Thread: LostArtPress post - Cold Bend wood

LostArtPress post - Cold Bend wood

LostArtPress has an interesting blog post on something called Cold-Bend hardwood from an outfit named Pure Timber. I spend all my effort trying to make things straight so the thought there may be alternatives to steam bending never occurred to me. Anybody tried this stuff? What do you think?

Super expensive!!!!!!!!!!! A friend uses it in his artistic furniture pieces. All his pieces are in the $6,000-$10,000 range, so a $100 board can be used. Here's an example, Red Oak, 1"x 3.5"x 65" costs $125.
    Last edited by Richard Coers; 07-26-2020 at 9:25 AM.

http://www.matthias-studio.com/ <-- This guy uses a similar product for his pieces. Or maybe the same, I can't remember. I read about it a few years ago and it's definitely unique, but the issue, as mentioned, is that it's quite expensive.

Interesting. Anderson Ranch is on his teaching resume, and they're quasi local. I think I've seen his work. The first few are interesting, but the volume gets old. That said I also could look at Thos Moser all day for eternity and never get tired of it, so it's probably my plebeian tastes.

Given the quoted prices and the size of his projects it's not surprising he sells in Aspen, tho for the volume I would think he must have some capability to steam bend. I suffer sticker-shock just buying 8/4 Walnut at Austin's.