Thread: Windows 10 update

Blog Entries

Windows 10 update

I just got one. It closed me down, updated, and started again. I was bewildered, but the computer restarted and is operating just fine.

Blog Entries
    Normal behavior for Windows 10. That's how updates are done. You can control when the shutdown occurs.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Pratt View Post
    Normal behavior for Windows 10. That's how updates are done. You can control when the shutdown occurs.
    Reminds me if the intro to the outer limits tv show....we control the audio, the vertical and horizontal

Have a computer that you haven't opened in a couple months. Wait for both FireFox an Windows to up date at the same time, now that's fun.

The one I always used to laugh/curse at was for the Adobe Acrobat Reader: it had a dedicated launch-on-boot "Adobe Update Manager" that, on average, updated itself twice as often as it updated the actual app.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

..."had"?
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    ..."had"?
    That behavior seemed to go away with Win10, or at least there's no "Update Manager" present that I can see.

Maybe the "Adobe Creative Cloud" app that keeps Photoshop up to date replaced it, but I never see notifications for Acrobat updates anymore.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

I have Adobe all over the place in my startup, even tho I have no Adobe anything on my computer...
    adobe.JPG

-at least there isn't supposed to be. But I'm sure it's hiding in the registry somewhere.
    But since I have it disabled in my startup I never know it's there
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Piriform CCleaner will find it in your registry and remove it.. I've used it for a decade with no problems.