Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My blade sharpener retired!

If you are sure those marks were not there when you gave him the blade, I would find a new sharpener. Plan on shipping your blades to/from the sharpener.

-- Andy - Arlington TX

Ditto. Follow my suggestion from post 4.

I'll be taking both your suggestions, Glenn Bradley has a source close to home who I will use the next time a need arises.

OTOH, this blade does a much better job than it did before so I guess the 8 teeth hasn't had much effect on the quality of the cut.
    Assumption is the mother of all screw ups
    Anonyms

Has anyone tried D&R Saw and Tool in Dallas? I live in Longview and they're the closest to me I've found. I've sent two emails to Dynamic and haven't gotten replies to either - D&R replied with an hour. Looks like they have the right equipment so I may give them a try soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell Garnett View Post
    I've sent two emails to Dynamic and haven't gotten replies to either.
    Call them. Lots of stellar reviews on here and elsewhere for them - search for yourself.

I've been going to Dynamic for years and have dropped my blades off there and got a tour. The machine that sharpens the blades is truely Amazing. Here is a video of the same machine Dynamic uses , https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ature=emb_logo

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell Garnett View Post
    Has anyone tried D&R Saw and Tool in Dallas? I live in Longview and they're the closest to me I've found. I've sent two emails to Dynamic and haven't gotten replies to either - D&R replied with an hour. Looks like they have the right equipment so I may give them a try soon.
    I have used D&R on 3-4 10" blades with absolutely no complaints.

You can also drop at Rockler in N. Dallas (Richardson) area, my dad has done this 2-3 times. Rockler sends the blade out (I suspect to D&R, but I have not grilled anyone for details.)
    Last edited by Malcolm McLeod; 07-30-2020 at 9:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Day View Post
    Call them. Lots of stellar reviews on here and elsewhere for them - search for yourself.
    Thanks Matt, I gave them a call and they were superb and extremely competitive. From their online price list I thought they would be tho' I was a little confused on the chipper cost. Because of their non-reply to emails I would have written them off without your encouragement to call.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Allen View Post
    there are probably 4 or 5 other teeth with similar marks.
    That looks like a simple case of operator "oops". I had a local shop grind a Woodworker II so bad they bought it from me. Shops either have to have employees with experience and skill or highly automated sharpening machines that distance the inexperienced from the game.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler