Thread: Back on SC.

Back on SC.

Sorry I've been gone for so long. Just lots of other things happening. Tried facebook and I'll still be there but just too many raw beginners asking the same questions over and over. Don't they even try to do any research. I do try to help but its all kind of one sided and a lot of times I never get a reply to even know if I did help them. anyway I will try to be more active here. Turned a ton of stuff since this Covid thing hit and I'm playing in the shop almost every single day when I'm not doing Honey do stuff. Turned my 3520A Powermatic into a bastardized C series. I drilled holes in one leg and lowered my bed extension like you can do in the B an C series. I made the on/off power and variable speed module relocatable with a long cord and magnets and I added 250 lobs of weight to the bottom. Had to relearn to put a photo in here. This is what a call a Locket hand mirror. The top is hinged and lifts up to reveal a poem on the inside. locket mirror s-1.jpg

Glad to see you back! I don't have the bed extension. But, I did do the remote switch mod too. I really like being able to switch things off in the rare emergency without having to reach around a spinning object to get ot the headstock controls. One of these days I hope to be able to afford the extension.

Love the creativity of your mirrors!!

Ricc

I tried to buy a second extension but the price plus the shipping is just too much.

Welcome back sir! I have always liked your hand mirrors, and this one is quite different, and fantastic!
    Don't let it bring you down,
    It's only castles burning,
    Just find someone who's turning,
    And you will come around

Neil Young (with a little bit of emphasis added by me)

Board member, Gulf Coast Woodturners Association

Yay! That explains a lot. Suddenly I felt the forces of creativity and experience ripple through the forum.

JKJ

Quote Originally Posted by JohnC Lucas View Post
    Sorry I've been gone for so long. Just lots of other things happening. Tried facebook and I'll still be there but just too many raw beginners asking the same questions over and over. Don't they even try to do any research. I do try to help but its all kind of one sided and a lot of times I never get a reply to even know if I did help them. anyway I will try to be more active here. Turned a ton of stuff since this Covid thing hit and I'm playing in the shop almost every single day when I'm not doing Honey do stuff. Turned my 3520A Powermatic into a bastardized C series. I drilled holes in one leg and lowered my bed extension like you can do in the B an C series. I made the on/off power and variable speed module relocatable with a long cord and magnets and I added 250 lobs of weight to the bottom. Had to relearn to put a photo in here. This is what a call a Locket hand mirror. The top is hinged and lifts up to reveal a poem on the inside. locket mirror s-1.jpg