Thread: Can't resize

Can't resize

I downloaded the Star Trek Aztec Cal. when I opened it , it was like 600 inchs in Dia. I converted to a bitmap and tried resampling but it just wouldn't get any smaller. What am I doing wrong? Or if anyone has a scaled down version , I'd like something under 14" to fit my table. Thanks for any help.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Quote Originally Posted by Bert Kemp View Post
    I downloaded the Star Trek Aztec Cal. when I opened it , it was like 600 inchs in Dia...
    Where did you download the Star Trek Aztec Cal. from?
    Shenhui 1440x850, 130 Watt Reci Z6
    Gerber Sabre 408

some website I found can't remember what it was.I uploaded it in the CNC thread
    Last edited by Bert Kemp; 07-23-2020 at 10:13 PM.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Okay, that file is a Star Wars "Aztec Calendar", not Star Trek. I guess you are not a SciFi fan ;-)

You should be able to load the .cdr into Corel Draw, hit "ctrl+A" to "select all" then simply scale it to whatever size you like. Click the little padlock icon to "lock" the horizontal and vertical measurements together.

I'll post the resized version just in case you have trouble.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Gerber Sabre 408

I'm still in the 19th century, I'm using x4
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    I'm still in the 19th century, I'm using x4
    I saved it as a V12 CDR, are you not able to open it?

FWIW, X4 came out in the 21st century - even V12 too. V10 was the last version to be released in the 20th century.
    Gerber Sabre 408

Thanks Rick that worked , leared a new corel trick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Harman View Post
    Okay, that file is a Star Wars "Aztec Calendar", not Star Trek. I guess you are not a SciFi fan ;-)

You should be able to load the .cdr into Corel Draw, hit "ctrl+A" to "select all" then simply scale it to whatever size you like. Click the little padlock icon to "lock" the horizontal and vertical measurements together.

I'll post the resized version just in case you have trouble.
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Harman View Post
    I saved it as a V12 CDR, are you not able to open it?

FWIW, X4 came out in the 21st century - even V12 too. V10 was the last version to be released in the 20th century.

Last night it wouldn't open, just got a blank page. Today it opened fine? Came into Corel beautifully, at exactly 14" in diameter-

I whittled it down some and re-exported so I could fiber it with my Ebay-1 machine

Pretty time consuming file in EzCad, ironic that it engraves faster than it will display on screen when opening the file!
    I resized it down some more, takes awhile for EzCad to react. I didn't dare try hatch filling, this is just the lines--

Fibers just amaze the **** out of me. This is 3" diameter, and took 19.3 seconds to engrave. I got the vid to prove it
    Stunning detail, I'd like to see what the big Triumph can do with this in wood...

--- EDIT!---

I'm glad I did this, because when checking it out under high magnification, you can see that most of my graphics aren't closed! The laser is either starting the engraving
    late, or finishing early, or both. I've never noticed this before! Now I need to experiment with the TC settings

To give you an idea as to how small this engraving really is, I had EzCad measure the shape the arrow is pointing at"
    ECad says it's .239mm across x .151mm high, or .0094" x .0059" for us metrically challenged!

Last edited by Kev Williams; 07-24-2020 at 8:52 PM. Reason: added pic
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle