Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Selling tool on-line

I have sold some lightly used power tools that are used for construction on CL, e.g., Dewalt and Festool stuff, several times with cash in my pocket less than an hour from posting the ad. It helps being in a big city with lots of construction going on. Something that appeals only to hand tool woodworkers might not sell very quickly locally. I had a Sjoberg benchtop vise that I listed twice did not sell at all. The classifieds here would be better for those kinds of items, especially smaller tools that are easy to ship, IMO.

That you all for the guidance. I think I will list here.

I have bought a lot of stuff off this site over the years, all totally as advertised. Doesn't mean someone wont exaggerate, but I have had all positive dealings. I trust fellow woodworkers much more than craigs list, etc. I have also bought stuff off ebay, all as advertised - so far. Randy
    Randy Cox
    Lt Colonel, USAF (ret.)

Bought and sold a few things on this site - all as advertised and a pleasant, hassle free experience. I’ve bought some things on eBay, with a few exceptions most of which were fine. Just started selling some stuff there that appeal to a very limited audience - so far no problems. My preference is Craigslist. If I’m buying I can see and often test what I’m getting. When selling on CL I’ve encountered my share of flakes and the occasional scammer, but for the most part it’s a smooth, straightforward transaction. Plus there’s no returns - all sales final.
    For what you’re selling I’d list it here - it won’t last long.

I've also bought several items and had great experiences. As a rule everyone here is trustworthy and their word is gold. If there will be an issue it will be with who spoke first for an item. I think even if the communication is by PM there needs to also be a post in the thread saying "PM sent". I had that experience once and I know it's happened to a few others as well from following the threads. Then you won't get the "someone else private messaged for it". Just keeps everything transparent. I'm not saying anything was done improperly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Olexa View Post
    Generally, you can TRUST the people more here than on the other sites you mentioned...Just my experience.
    But, if you're buying... make sure that they've actually posted here several times, other than just something for sale (they're actually a woodworker and interested in it and not scamming).