Thread: Almost completed dust collection - PICS

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Almost completed dust collection - PICS

My dust collection setup is almost complete. The only tasks remaining are hookups to a few machines and electrical terminations at the DC motor and main panel. I ended up running wire for a dedicated circuit as suggested earlier. There were 2 notable suggestions by members here in an earlier post that some may find helpful. The first was by John Jordan. It was too late in my efforts to follow but John suggested using scaled paper or cardboard cutouts to position equipment on a floorplan. It wasn't until making multiple scaled drawings of my layout that I realized the benefit in the suggestion. The other suggestion was by Jim Becker. He suggested using Blastgate fittings for spiral pipe instead of the typical HVAC type found at home centers or HVAC suppliers. I already ordered and received the latter but switched to the Blastgate fittings. It set me back about $400 but I'm glad the change was made. Installation went a little easier and the finished work looks better IMHO. I'm still a little annoyed that my local HVAC supplier wouldn't take their fittings back even with a steep restocking fee. Anyway, here are some pics of the installation. I'll post a few more comments about the installation a little later.
    dust collection 002.jpg dust collection 009.jpg dust collection 012.jpg dust collection 013.jpg dust collection 010.jpg dust collection 004.jpg

dust collection 011.jpg
    Last edited by Steve Mathews; 07-22-2020 at 8:03 PM.