Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on the EZSmart track saw system?

Thoughts on the EZSmart track saw system?

Anyone use one of these? better than a homemade jig but not as good as a DW, Festool or Makita? Thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=114&v=-i3df2FfDgw&feature=emb_logo

IIRC, they were popular a decade or so ago before track saws were popular. Honestly I thinking’s rather get a cheap track saw.

Unless something has changed recently, EZSmart is no longer in business.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I use my EZ Smart track for trimming slabs with my 16" beam saw. I make a sled that rides on the track, to hold this large saw.

For regular work I use the Festool track saw system. I think it's easier because it's just there, ready to go. I remember I would take my Skilsaw off the sled to use, then I'd have to remount it.
    Plus the Festool connects to dust collection.

I think these components are available thru Lee Valley? Anyone know for sure?

I bought my EZ Smart track many years ago before there were other options. I still use it to break down plywood. There may be better systems today. It was a fraction of the cost of Festool.

The manufacturing company, Eureka Zone, shut down in January. They sold all the inventory at reduced prices. I wish I had bought some of the anti-chip strips. Lee Valley and Woodcraft did also. There is not much left.

Since I have been getting my shop back into operation, I have gotten out of storage a lot of tools from now defunct companies. I have been thinkIng of starting a thread about it.

I have had my EZ Smart for years and have liked it a lot. But as Jim stated are they still around? I am not sure as I have not had to buy anything from them in years.
    Richard Poitras
    Central, Michigan....
    01-02-2006

I have a very old system, and it work OK. I've had it for a lot of years, easily over 10 and used it a lot. I dedicated a Porter cable saw to it. It gets much less use, as it doesn't (at least the old ones didn't) have the anti-skid strips like Festool. You also couldn't really do easy plunge cuts like with festool. Now that I have the festool, I have only used the ez system for siding work where I didn't want to have the festool hit with cement dust.

Just went to the Eurakazone web site and it appears to be up and running.

I got an e-mail from their address a month or so ago, so i went to their site. Not only was it up and running, but i had several anti-chip strips in about 5 days. They seem to have re-opened quietly. I bought an early table with the bridge system from a member here a few years ago. I don't use it often, but it works like a champ.
    earl

FWIW,, I bought a Kreg track saw system a few months ago. I don't use it a lot, but boy, when i do, it's great for cutting straight and clean!!!!!!

Someone just posted on Woodnet they were open for business thus my interest

Their tracks and accessories work great for me.

I also was suprized to receive an email from them. Today I replied to the email asking if they're back in business.

The Ezsmart rail itself seems not bad for what it is but the saw adapter plate is pretty cheap and might not last. The rail and adapter are also really thick so you loose a fair amount of cutting height. This seems to also have an effect on their not great dust collection as only the outer part of a 7 1/4" can contact the workpiece.

I’d probably look into the Kreg system if you’re going this route. Quite a bit less expensive too.
    Last edited by Peter Kelly; 07-23-2020 at 6:37 AM.

It looks as though Eurekazone has moved from New Jersey to Florida. Could have something to do with re-opening.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Kelly View Post
    It looks as though Eurekazone has moved from New Jersey to Florida. Could have something to do with re-opening.
    When I bought mine several years ago (at least 3-4 yrs) they were in Florida. I am pleased with mine, does everything I need it ti do, breaking down sheet goods.
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.