Thread: OLd Excalibur Fence Parts

OLd Excalibur Fence Parts

Hi all,

I've had one of the original Excalibur (Sommerfield Design) table saw fences forever. Using it, along with the larger version of their sliding table, the old Grizzly 1023 saw it was mounted on served me well for many years. I recently upgraded to a 1978 vintage Powermatic 72 and would like to use the fence, but it is too short to fit on the much deeper table. The model of the fence I have is the TT45, i.e., the aluminum fence body is 45" long, and this only allows for installation on a saw up to 32" deep -- the model 72 is 38" deep. There was a larger version of this fence, the TT58 (so 58" long fence extrusion), that could be mounted on saw tables up to 44" deep. Unfortunately, I've not been able to track down a supplier for replacement parts -- all I would need is the fence body and an extension for the clamping rod.

Anyone have a source for parts?

Thanx,

Brian

I checked to see what I have. New in box . Alas it is also a TT45 EX version.

Thanx for checking Vijay. Unfortunately, my continued searches online have not turned up any standard extrusions (there are literally thousands) that could be used. The commonly available structural extrusions (Misumi, 8020, etc.), don's appear to be adaptable without some major re-engineering of the clamping rod. I may end milling out a solid blank of aluminum bar stock, though that would be heavy at over 40#.