Thread: 16 inch drum sander choices

16 inch drum sander choices

I'm in the market to replace my Delta 1832, still very functional, but lacking the newer conveniences. I find a 16/32 will fit my needs. Looking at Supermax and Jet. Any input will be much appreciated, including where to buy online.

I had a Jet 16/32 - worked fine, no problems. I replaced with with a Supermax 25/50 - also works fine, no problems. I replaced the Jet just to get the wider sander. I bought the Supermax from Acme Tool. They did a good job and I'd recommend them. If I recall correctly they had free shipping when I bought.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

I love my Supermax 16/32. No problems and works great. Dust collection with the 4" port works well.

I bought the SuperMax 16-32 several months ago. I've been very pleased with it. It's a little more than the Jet but it has the quick adjust lever. You'll find it very handy changing sanding heights. I bought mine from Acme tools and they were very good to work with.

I have the Supermax, also purchased from Acme tools during a sale. I couldn't be happier. I have no experience with the Jet, so can't offer a comparison.

Also purchased the Supermax 16-32 about 6 months ago (from Woodcraft) and am very pleased so far

I have the larger Supermax (bought barely used) and am impressed with the quality and how well it works. Their 16" version will likely serve you well. The DRO I put on it came via Acme Tool coincidentally, although I ordered through Amazon.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I have never used the Jet. However, I have the 25" version of the SuperMax. It's great. I assume the 16" version is just as good.
    ===========

James Cheever
    Ga Tech NROTC - 1978
    Run Silent, Run Deep
    Commander, USN (Retired)