Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have a Fitbit?

Blog Entries

Anyone have a Fitbit?

Thinking of getting a Fitbit to track my walking, heartbeat, etc,.
    I'm looking at the Fitbit Inspire HR. Anyone one have one or any other Fitbit model?
    How do you like it?
    Dennis

LOML had a Charge 3 that she liked a lot.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Have one, used it for awhile until i had my usual routine and then didn't need it anymore.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dennis thompson View Post
    I'm looking at the Fitbit Inspire HR. Anyone one have one or any other Fitbit model?
    How do you like it?
    Hi Dennis, mine is the Fitbit Inspire, without the HR. It was free through my healthcare provider & Medicare's Silver & Fit program.

It is nice for counting steps and other functions.

One thing that kind of annoying is often at 10 minutes to the hour it buzzes me and wants me to raise my step count for the hour.

It is also always asking me to upgrade my service. It seems the app has to be linked to the thing at least once a week to keep recording data.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

I've used the Fitbit Charge 3 for over a year now.

It's great for tracking heartrate, steps, and sleep.
    I turned off all notifications so I don't get reminders to do anything.
    The ads for upgraded (subscription) services are annoying.

I found I typically walk well over 10,000 steps a day, often 13K and more. Life on a farm.
    I verified I often don't get enough sleep which saps energy.
    It makes a handy watch.
    The stock band is annoying and weak. I replaced it with a much better 3rd party leather band.
    It occasionally (ever few weeks) freezes and needs to be plugged into a charger and the button held down to awaken.

JKJ

Blog Entries
    I turned off all notifications so I don't get reminders to do anything.
    My next time logging in to my wife's iPad maybe that can be worked out.

The ads for upgraded (subscription) services are annoying.
    It would be great if those could be turned off.

I found I typically walk well over 10,000 steps a day, often 13K and more. Life on a farm.
    Using a weed whacker seems to increase my step count. So does things like sawing left handed or many other activities when done with the hand it is being worn on.

I verified I often don't get enough sleep which saps energy.
    Mine rarely shows more than 7 hours of sleep, sometimes even under 6. It doesn't seem to count the times falling asleep while watching TV.

It makes a handy watch.
    That is my favorite function and keeps me wearing it.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."

Both my wife and I had them for several years, then got Apple watches. No complaints with the Fitbit but we needed more. If your only goal is fitness tracking, they're great.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

I have had the Charge 2 for awhile and really like the size, fit, etc. The earlier versions had issues with the band breaking, etc. This latest model has had no issues since I got it about 2 years ago. All of the settings/notifications, etc. can be adjusted on the online site log in on a laptop. The phone app is convenient for many things but not those types of settings/adjustments.
    The sleep tracking and weight tracking makes it easy to "know where you stand" over the long term as it gives you weekly (or custom) averages.
    I am a fan.

Jim

I've been using a Charge 2 for about two years now. I originally bought it for it's well reviewed sleep tracking and it has helped my sleep.

I also find the preview of text messages useful as well as the calorie burn estimates.

The heart rate function is not very good during intense exercise. It's no substitute for a proper chest strap sensor.

As John said, the band is not great but there are plenty of 3rd party replacements available.
    Beranek's Law:

It has been remarked that if one selects his own components, builds his own enclosure, and is convinced he has made a wise choice of design, then his own loudspeaker sounds better to him than does anyone else's loudspeaker. In this case, the frequency response of the loudspeaker seems to play only a minor part in forming a person's opinion.
    L.L. Beranek, Acoustics (McGraw-Hill, New York, 1954), p.208.

I also have the Ispire HR.

It works, I almost never wear it now that I have a routine developed

I had the Charge 2 for a few years. When it died I replaced it with the Charge 3.

I have Muscular Dystrophy so continual movement really helps. I use the data to challenge myself to do more. The last day that I walked less than five miles was in 2018. I expect that without the tracking, I would have skipped a few days.

How do you like it?

Blog Entries

Bought the Fitbit Inspire HR

So I bought the Fitbit Inspire HR. Setup was easy, my grandson ( 26 years old )did it for me☺. So far it seems ok but I wish the display would stay on a little longer when it comes on. My other grandson,8 years old , has promised to bring me up to speed on using it☺
    Dennis

Blog Entries
    So I bought the Fitbit Inspire HR. Setup was easy, my grandson ( 26 years old )did it for me☺. So far it seems ok but I wish the display would stay on a little longer when it comes on. My other grandson,8 years old , has promised to bring me up to speed on using it☺
    On mine tapping the screen can prolong or bring the display up again if done when viewing.

My nag is that the display doesn't stay on time/steps when activated. It would be better, imo, if it stayed where it was set.

jtk

I bought my wife a Charge 3 for her birthday a couple of years ago. She has had a considerable amount of trouble with it, both in terms of accuracy and reliability. The device typically records that she has been up and down 15 or 20 sets of stairs when, in fact, she hasn't been out of the house all day. The same is true for walking distance. How can you walk 10,000 steps in one day without leaving the confines of a modest house? Currently, the display has gone so dim that it is unreadable except in a dark room. Perhaps she just got a bad one but our experience with it has been poor. The only function that seems to be close to correct is the sleep monitor.

Mine also has issues with stairs. It always under counts the number of times I go up.
    I contacted Fitbit tech support about the stair issue & they thought that since I am really slow going up their algorithm wouldn't count it as climbing the stairs.

I check the distance against GPS, so I know that part is accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Mann View Post
    I bought my wife a Charge 3 for her birthday a couple of years ago. She has had a considerable amount of trouble with it, both in terms of accuracy and reliability. The device typically records that she has been up and down 15 or 20 sets of stairs when, in fact, she hasn't been out of the house all day. The same is true for walking distance. How can you walk 10,000 steps in one day without leaving the confines of a modest house? Currently, the display has gone so dim that it is unreadable except in a dark room. Perhaps she just got a bad one but our experience with it has been poor. The only function that seems to be close to correct is the sleep monitor.