Thread: Laguna Fusion 2 Table Saw

Laguna Fusion 2 Table Saw

Good evening all,

I just retired again for the second time, this is for good!
    Now that I've got lots of free time I'm thinking about upgrading my table saw.
    I've got the Ridgid TS3650 which has been a great saw but I've always wanted a cabinet saw.
    Currently I don't have 240 in my garage so the Fusion 2 seems to be the one I'm interested in. I like the looks of the dust collection system.
    I need to try and cut down on the saw dust so I'm ordering a Jet dust collector with the vortex cone (Jet Vortex DC 1100VX CK).
    Any comments, suggestions would be very helpful.
    Thank you,
    Dennis...

I put a VFD on my TS and it's a big improvement, in combination with an 1800 rpm motor. If you go that way you can power a variety of motors. At lower rpm dust collection is better, noise is less and safety is improved.

I bought a 1.75hp (110V) SawStop PCS shortly before retiring. It is about double the price of the saw you are looking at. But it saved the end of my left middle finger. I had used table saws for decades without incident. Then I made a bad decision and a kickback threw my hand into the dado blade. My PCS is also a very nice table saw and with a thin kerf blade it does not seem underpowered. I have the 36 inch fence, the 30 just did not seem nearly as robust. To save money you could get the contractor model, it has the same protection circuit and motor and can have the same fence.

My DC is the HF 2hp pulling through a super dust deputy and discharging outside. Works well for me.

Have you looked into running a line to the garage for 220 power? It really opens up your options on machinery. I started with running a line from the panel for a single saw but ended up installing a sub panel so I could have multiple 220 outlets (and run a 220 DC at the same time). Depending on your existing panel and the garage walls, this might be little more than some time planning and then a weekend project.