Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Had the most pleasant shopping experience yesterday--

Quote Originally Posted by Bert Kemp View Post
    Well I tell ya I have tried putting a box fan in my bedroom window that is screened to cool me off at night. It doesn't work, very little is air drawn thru the screen no matter how long I leave it there
    Fairly sure this is not time-dependent. If it was, a cheap folding hand fan would totally clean your shop - - if only you operated it long enough.

Try slipping a 5Hp 3600 rpm motor onto your box fan. That might get you the differential pressure required to overcome resistance of the screen (= flow). Sleep tight. Sleep cool. Bring ear plugs.

Just in case the analogy is still hanging out there perilously and incomprehensibly, this 5Hp is a bit like breathing. You inhale or exhale hard enough to overcome the resistance of a mask - or the wifey's hand trying to smother you at night.

I'll let y'all debate exactly what and how much benefit the masks provide.
    Last edited by Malcolm McLeod; 08-17-2020 at 5:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eugene thomas View Post
    since wisconsin requires mask now i wear when out and about. if others dont. thats their business. if not like seeing mask breakers then stay home.
    How about those who won't wear a mask like the state requires stay home instead? It doesn't bother me so much if you choose not to wear a mask when they are not required by state order. It really bothers me when you chose to flaunt a state order.

I live in Minnesota where the state requires masks in public. I was at a store the other day and a whole family walked by without masks on. I don't know how they got by the door guard, but I suspect they took the masks off once they got in the door. Most law enforcement agencies won't enforce the mask order even though there are penalties for not wearing masks.

Blog Entries
    I thought the mask protects the wearer as well as others. Get over it, it will pass.