Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Had the most pleasant shopping experience yesterday--

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Sheridan View Post
    Robert, the mask isn’t to protect you, it’s to protect others from you...Rod
    Hopefully both you and others:
    https://www.npr.org/2020/07/20/89322...aring-them-too
    "Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t - you’re right."
    - Henry Ford

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod Sheridan View Post
    Robert, the mask isn’t to protect you, it’s to protect others from you...Rod
    This was explained to him a number of times by several people in another (now deleted) thread.

Minnesota today joined the list of states with mandatory face mask rules in force. Not every public place has gotten the word yet apparently. I went to Fleetpride this morning and the two employees were not wearing mask and there was another customer not wearing a mask yet. Walmart has a giant banner about the mask requirement and an employee outside checking for masks. One of the entrance doors is now closed off too.

I read a comment online about a guy who was shopping at a local hardware store instead of Menards because he refuses to wear a mask. Every retailer is supposed to require masks now. I hope he gets hit with the $100 fine if he still refuses to wear a mask.
    Last edited by Brian Elfert; 07-25-2020 at 3:16 PM.

Blog Entries
    I read a comment online about a guy who was shopping at a local hardware store instead of Menards because he refuses to wear a mask. Every retailer is supposed to require masks now. I hope he gets hit with the $100 fine if he still refuses to wear a mask.
    A mandatory 14 day quarantine could also be an effective way to reward the noncompliant. Especially if it doubled on a second offense.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Quote Originally Posted by eugene thomas View Post
    Boy. And i thought i lived in america.
    puh leeze. Do you actually believe it's your CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT to infect law abiding citizens with a proven deadly virus?
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    puh leeze. Do you actually believe it's your CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT to infect law abiding citizens with a proven deadly virus?
    Remember when I said people forget that others have rights too? This is why this is really only a problem in the US.
    ~mike

happy in my mud hut

I actuslly do wear mask when near people or in stores that require it. But if i wear a mask and their so effrctive then i should be safe. I actually went in to a hardware store today and no one else wearing mask. Their choice. I got what needed and left.

Blog Entries
    I actuslly do wear mask when near people or in stores that require it. But if i wear a mask and their so effrctive then i should be safe. I actually went in to a hardware store today and no one else wearing mask. Their choice. I got what needed and left.
    Many times the effectiveness of wearing a mask and how it does more to protect people from a possible virus infection of those wearing a mask has been explained. Here is a visual aid:

No Mask One Mask Two Masks.jpg

This is why it is my choice to not go into an environment where people are not wearing masks to cover their mouth and nose.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."

The issue is that "my mask protects you and your mask protects me". So you having your mask on "primarily" reduces the chance that others will be exposed your potential exhalation of virus if you happen to have it asymptomatically or pre-symptomatically. This is because it disrupts the direct air flow from your mouth and nose toward them. The others not having a mask on means you are not afforded the same level of risk...they were potentially exposing you to the virus and your mask is less effective in that direction. It's a two way street with masks and the most effective scenario is when all parties are wearing them properly.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

If I go to a nude beach do I have to wear a mask? Forcing people to wear clothes in public seems to be fairly non-controversial in the USA. I am not aware of any health hazard from walking around nude. San Francisco had to pass a law that nudists sitting on a public bench had to sit on a towel.
    Bil lD
    No shoes, no shirt, no mask, no service

I was at a local hardware store yesterday that is pretty big for a hardware store. They made the main aisles of the store one way and there is a long winding maze to get to the registers where they have a queue set up. They make you wait until the cashier calls you up so the cashier can sanitize between each customer.

The stupid part is they have a modern card reader that can take swipe, chip, or tap transactions, but they still make you sign a paper receipt with a pen! Credit card companies eliminated the signing requirement several years ago. The cashier said she gets lots of complaints about having to sign.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dufour View Post
    No shoes, no shirt, no mask, no service
    I’m pretty nuetral on the mask thing, I don’t care to get in to arguments about it- I’m more of a you do you I’ll do me guy. If I gotta mask up to go buy my groceries so be it. But damn does it get old listening to maskholes on both sides of the aisle. Listening to local talk radio all the callers calling in talking about violating their rights and taking their freedoms away all I could think about was well good thing you don’t have to wear shirt and shoes in stores 😂

Talk about hypocrites , AZ Gov Ducey and staff
    mask.jpg
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert Kemp View Post
    Talk about hypocrites , AZ Gov Ducey and staff
    mask.jpg
    On July 8th this was posted on a Tucson, AZ TV Station's web site:

Arizona's explosion in coronavirus cases has made it the No. 1 global pandemic hot spot.
    IMO, it is worse than hypocrisy.

Leaders need to learn about leading by example instead of decree.

jtk

The three folks in that photo are physically separated and are also not facing each other. This is not unusual for the kind of presentation to the cameras they are making. When they get up from that media table, however, the masks need to go on as they move away.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...