Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Laguna 16HD

Laguna 16HD

Anyone know anything about this bandsaw? Serial/model number has me perplexed a bit.

Screenshot_20200718-114557_Facebook.jpg

It is a saw made by ACM, in Italy, and private-labeled to Laguna for sale in the US. It is a very good bandsaw.

Do you have specific questions?

Make sure its worth what they are asking essentially haha

If you're buying a saw which is 16 years old, the big question is what condition it is in. If it has been badly abused, it might be worth nothing. If it is in perfect shape, it would be worth a lot more. You be the judge.

Laguna sold the LT 16 for around $1,800 back in 2004 when that one was new.

I purchased the LT16 direct from Laguna in about 2006 or 7. It was a show demonstrator. It was shipped common carriier. I decrated it, set it up and started using it that day. There has never been any problems with it.

I've had 5 bandsaw in my life, Home Craft 10" [ca. 1950], Delta 14", ]ca. 1980], Laguna 16". [ca 2006/7], Grizzly18"[ca.2002 , prox], Yates American 36", [ca. 1946].

I now have only one, the Laguna LT 16. Most of the others were decent saws, but had limitations, except the 'G' which was terrible and was not able to get into and keep in adjustment.

I've had conversations with the owner of Laguna, and find him to be all business, very knowledgeable, and very honest.

Were I in your position, I would give that tool serious consideration. BTW, I have 3 hp motor. I see your saw comes with 5 hp. Do It!
    Last edited by Ira Matheny; 07-18-2020 at 6:46 PM. Reason: correct scentence structure

Although the Laguna Italian is made by ACM it is Spec’d by Laguna and not the same as any shown on their website, they have “value” engineered it. Not saying bad just something to be aware of.

If it’s the HD in Palm Springs for 3k pass it up and look towards the 20 inch in Grand Terrace.
    Before the stay at home order used woodworking machines were plentiful in So Cal. The supply has gone down and demand is high so are prices. I guess this would be a sellers market.
    Aj

It's in Georgia but the lady is letting it go for 1000, so value model or not going to get it lmao

What sort of shape is it in? If decent hobbyist use type condition, I’d say $1,000 is pretty reasonable. This wasn’t spec’d by Laguna as a “value” machine per se, just what they thought would sell in the US. May come with an American-made Baldor motor too.

I spoke at length with Laguna about this, they are reengineered ACM (if it was a centuro, same) machines there is a reason they are less money - rather it matters or not to a home workshop or professional idk. I for one want to know that if I am buying a rebranded piece of equipment what the design changes were. The OP say 1k for that if it runs and looks good who cares, buy it!

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Kelly View Post
    What sort of shape is it in? If decent hobbyist use type condition, I’d say $1,000 is pretty reasonable. This wasn’t spec’d by Laguna as a “value” machine per se, just what they thought would sell in the US. May come with an American-made Baldor motor too.

can you go look at it? For 1k it’s a no brainer assuming it runs....go check it out now!

Quote Originally Posted by Orrion Kuykendall View Post
    It's in Georgia but the lady is letting it go for 1000, so value model or not going to get it lmao

Just picked it up was definitely hobbyist. Honestly the machine looks untouched I mean its immaculate. Got some 10 odd blades for it too and has the mobility kit.

We need pics. If we don’t get pics it didn’t happen.
    Aj