Thread: Anybody use a MyQ system for garage door security?

Anybody use a MyQ system for garage door security?

Ive been looking for a device/app that will let you check and close garage door remotely via phone. The MyQ system seems to come up the most often. Anyone have one installed or another brand that can make a recommendation?

Thanks

I have it on my house garage door. Was easy to install and it great for checking the status of the garage door.

We've opened and closed the door remotely using the app.

i have it and use it. The app was easy to install and so was the hardware. Oh, and it works great. You can see if your door is open or closed and you can open or close it from your phone.

Mine seemed finicky for a while with the voice-activated feature, but there have been some app updates, and now it seems to work reliably, albeit with a bit of a delay. "Hey, Siri, open the garage door." Can take 10-20 seconds before it actually happens. The fact that I can raise my wrist and speak this into my watch sure reminds me of a certain '80s car-centered prime-time drama...
    Jason

"Don't get stuck on stupid." --Lt. Gen. Russel Honore

Blog Entries
    Make sure you get Security+ 2.0 or better. LiftMaster and Chamberlain are the same outfit and 2.0 uses three different frequencies to get past interference. I fought the fight with openers that only used 315mhz. Around last November, someon in my area did something that interfered with that frequency. I abandoned the built in receivers and installed an industrial receiver the pat implemented 2.0. Problem went away.

I had the MyQ stuff and it worked well. The app was nice. The feature I liked the most was that the door closed automatically after a timeout. You could easily override it if you wanted. It gave plenty of warning before it closed.
    Last edited by Roger Feeley; 07-18-2020 at 8:39 AM.

Thanks everyone. It sounds like a winner. Roger, this ". . . The feature I liked the most was that the door closed automatically after a timeout. You could easily override it if you wanted..." ​is especially helpful. Thats the feature by itself I was originally looking for.