Thread: Want that product shipped faster?

Blog Entries

Want that product shipped faster?

I ordered a couple of very lightweight tee shirts from Amazon. I'm a prime member so shipping is free but no longer a day or two, more like a week or two. However if I wanted them within two days I could get priority shipping for a mere $1,250.00😯
    Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by dennis thompson View Post
    ... I'm a prime member so shipping is free but no longer a day or two, more like a week or two. However if I wanted them within two days I could get priority shipping for a mere $1,250.00😯
    Wow, living in New Jersey must be tough!

BTW, most (but not all) Amazon Prime shipping to here still makes it in two days. Recently, some came in one day. I guess it depends on the distribution center locations and the transportation paths. They've recently started using Amazon trucks here instead of UPS, and have been using USPS more for small things. The USPS is not particularly fast.

I also generally get two day shipping on most Amazon orders, but it depends on the "what" and where it's coming from. Stuff in Amazon warehouses shows up much more quickly than items shipped by a manufacturer or third party. The desk I just bought for my daughter's apartment had more than two week lead time for shipping, but showed up two days earlier than the listed first possible delivery date.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Getting a lot of same day shipping and next day shipping right now from Amazon.

Who can afford to wait two days?

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisA Edwards View Post
    Getting a lot of same day shipping and next day shipping right now from Amazon.

Who can afford to wait two days?
    Much of that's been delivered late here
    ~mike

happy in my mud hut

Quote Originally Posted by dennis thompson View Post
    I ordered a couple of very lightweight tee shirts from Amazon. I'm a prime member so shipping is free but no longer a day or two, more like a week or two. However if I wanted them within two days I could get priority shipping for a mere $1,250.00
    What you complaining about? It's only $625 per shirt.

Fastest shipping I every got was when I was in graduate school.
    My father wanted me to send him one of those braids of garlic, so I drove down to Gilroy,CA (self-proclaimed garlic capitol of the world) and bought a nice braid.
    I had to stop twice on the way from Gilroy to Palo Alto, first to move it from the front seat to the back and then to the way back of the station wagon (it was close to getting strapped to the bumper). (It was particularly, fresh and strong garlic braid).
    My roomates at the time moved of to the back porch that evening.
    I took it to the Post Office to send back to Texas, sending it the cheapest way possible. (probably estimated delivery in a week or two ...this was around 1990)
    It arrives the very next day, with RUSH stamped all over it. I guess the Post Office was smelling too garlic-y for them.

John

It would be cheaper to fly and pick them up.