Thread: Another neighborhood visitor

Another neighborhood visitor

The people who live across the street from us have a motion sensor camera on their front yard, was unable to copy the video so I took a couple of screen shots. This happened 2 days ago.

2020-07-16 15_24_28-Sue Allen.jpg 2020-07-16 15_25_16-Sue Allen.png
    Assumption is the mother of all screw ups
    Anonyms

Yikes!!!!!!
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Blog Entries
    Bears have to eat too. It is fairly common occurrence in much of PA.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Somewhere, and I think it was here is the video of guy backing up to a dumpster with a person and a ladder in back of pick up. Person in back puts ladder over into dumpster, and truck drives away. Out of dumpster comes a couple of cubs. Seems they weren't tall enough to crawl out on their own. With mama being close by, it wouldn't have been a good idea to just walk up with the ladder. Where our daughter lives in West Virginia, trash cans are kept in bear proof enclosures. Nobody keeps them in their garage, as bear would destroy the door trying to get to can.

Not the best bear suit I've seen...but at least the zipper isn't showing !

Good one ....
    roflmao2.gif
    Anonyms

I grew up in northern NJ and we routinely had bears in our yard. Bear prints on the house where they were grabbing at the bird feeders. We’d find them randomly saunter through our yard and the dog would make sure everyone knew about it. Almost hit a few on the roads too. When I was younger my dad heard a gun shot from very close by and went to investigate. It was a big black bear that was hit by a car in our front yard and still alive. The shot was the trooper’s shotgun putting it out of its misery. There was a “zoo” a few miles away that would collect fresh roadkill and feed it to their animals. A handy service to have in those situations, but that service was banned around the turn of the century. Generally harmless animals, but I’ve had a few encounters with cubs while mountain biking in VA where I knew I had to get outta there ASAP! Friends of mine collided with a big one going down some fast single track.

We went out this morning to water our back slope, and right next to the path was a deposit we assume came from mama bear, or an elephant, if we'd get some rain I think they'd go back to the forest.
    Anonyms