Thread: Help - Lamp base with socket.

Lightbulb Help - Lamp base with socket.

Hi guys,

So at the moment, the gf is having fun with designing all sorts of lamps (i know, she has the ideas and im the muscle).

However, one of her ideas for a table lamp, requires a base with "built-in" socket for a lightbulb.

But I have no idea, how to make that. Or for that matter, where to find something like it.

I was thinking about making the base from a solid block of wood on a CNC and then somehow place a socket in the middle, then drill a hole to the center, from one of the sides for the power cable. But i just cant find any sockets, that will work.

So my question here, is:

Does anyone have a idea, for how this is accomplished?

Any advice, would be be greatly appreciated

Blog Entries
    You could try what they call a keyless socket like shown in the photo if you are planning to use a screw in bulb. You would need to bore a large hole to a c the socket and holes for a wire pat to the socket. Attachment 436986
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Lee Schierer; 07-17-2020 at 12:30 PM.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute