Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clearvue Cyclone motor fried?

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Jones View Post
    I hope you got your problem solved. I just replaced my motor. I still don’t know what is wrong with the first one but I wanted to upgrade anyway. Now I have another problem. The fan housing is made from MDF. I set it under the shed and rainwater got on top of it. Does anyone know how to salvage it? I am going to dry it out, drill a bunch of holes in it and fill with thin epoxy. If that doesn’t work I will have to make one.
    My experiences with MDF that has gotten wet have not been encouraging. I'd be tempted to go straight to the rebuild mode. I'd also seal and paint the new one well with several coats of exterior paint.

Thanks. I have to replace it I will use plywood.
    Charlie Jones

Thanks. I have to replace it I will use plywood.
    I dried the wet MDF and drilled a bunch of holes in it. After injecting and soaking it with thin epoxy, it is better than new. I got everything going today. It is a suck monster with the 5 HP. It is also quieter. I wonder if the impeller was turned the wrong way before.
    Charlie Jones

I dried the wet MDF and drilled a bunch of holes in it. After injecting and soaking it with thin epoxy, it is better than new. I got everything going today. It is a suck monster with the 5 HP. It is also quieter. I wonder if the impeller was turned the wrong way before.
    The ends of he impeller blades should bend away from the direction of rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by John K Jordan View Post
    The ends of he impeller blades should bend away from the direction of rotation.
    I know and I had to change the motor rotation. I can’t remember if they faced the right direction before but it is still noisy but without the high pitched scream. I have it in an outside closet. That helps a lot.
    Charlie Jones