Thread: Old Sears Table Saw

Old Sears Table Saw

A few weeks ago my cousin asked me if I wanted any of his dad's old tools. They had been in his basement for over thirty years, and needed to find a new home. He dropped off a bunch of rusted relics that I started sorting through.

Part of the collection was a Sears table saw model# 103.22161. I believe that it was manufactured in the early 1950s. It was covered in rust & the mechanical parts were frozen. I cleaned, disassembled & lubed everything that I could and the blade now raises & tilts.

Does anyone know the paint color that Sears used during this era? As best I can tell it is gold. The stand could use a refresh & I am not sure if I will touch the actual saw.

A couple of pictures:

Sears Table Saw.jpg

Sears Table Saw Stand.jpg

Blog Entries
    I found this photo with a google search.
    7541-A.jpg
    Did you get the jointer as well?

If you search Sears table saw model# 103.22161, you can also find copies of the user/parts manual.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

That looks like the old man's 1956 Craftsman 9" saw. I believe the original color is that gold. Not sure what would match it available today. Hopefully rustoleum has a similar color.

It isn't that bad of a saw. I still use it as job site saw occasionally.

No jointer in the basement. I have the manual.

This is an 8" blade. I had to order arbor bushings from McMaster- Carr.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Seemann View Post
    That looks like the old man's 1956 Craftsman 9" saw. I believe the original color is that gold. Not sure what would match it available today. Hopefully rustoleum has a similar color.

It isn't that bad of a saw. I still use it as job site saw occasionally.

Sears called that color "Power Bronze". There's plenty of information about the paint color, and your saw, at the Old Woodworking Machines Forum-'http://owwm.org
    Rick
    Last edited by Lee Schierer; 07-14-2020 at 1:07 PM. Reason: removed direct link

Blog Entries
    I had a 1950's Craftsman table saw originally belonging to my Dad. It was an 8 inch but he and I both used 10 inch blades with no problem. Sold it about 10 years ago for 100 bucks with the original motor.