Thread: Early morning siting

Blog Entries

Early morning siting

So I just happened to wake up at about ten minutes to four this morning, so while I was up I decided to walk out on the deck to see if I could see the comet my son had told me about. I was distracted for a bit by Venus. It was really large and bright. Then I looked a little more to the north and there it was. I could see it with my eyes alone, but binoculars really showed it well. I woke up my wife and we both looked at it for a while. I got out the tripod and camera and took a few photos. This was taken with priority aperture using ISO 3200 with my 300 mm lens and manual focus.

The comet is visible to the naked eye at about 4:00 am until dawn in the northeast sky about 10 degrees up from the horizon. A good pair of binoculars will show you much more of it.
    IMG_4572c.jpg
    Last edited by Lee Schierer; 07-14-2020 at 7:43 AM.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

That's a wonderful shot to capture to remember this, Lee!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Very cool. Thanks Lee for posting the picture.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for posting this Lee.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Real cool! Thanks for sharing!