Thread: "Apple" scam

"Apple" scam

I got a call that they said my Apple account has been compromised and the foreign dude went on about how I should fix it. Thats when I told him how could my account be compromised when I do not have an account and don't have a single Apple device in my house which is true. after he got mad and hung up I started getting calls from them every 10 minutes that I did not take. I ended up taking the phone off the hook for over an hour and took my Grandson back home. I did set up not to ring if they call has no caller id or spoofed id.

So answer one more time: "Hello, Federal Bureau of Investigation, how may I help you?"

may or may not work
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Blog Entries
    It seems odd that they keep trying. Usually, they only dangle the hook once. If you don’t nibble, they move on.

Blog Entries
    These folks must be getting desperate. It used to be they would just hang up and move on.

Maybe so many are aware of their scams they are hoping people will send them money to stop calling.

Since most of them are wearing headsets pressing a few numbers on the dial tends to hurt their ears and gets them to hang up.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Blog Entries
    The next sweeping, society altering, technological invention . . . a device that sends a signal to cold-callers that causes their headset to explode.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

If the carriers ever get their "act" together, there is some technology that is supposed to help suppress these robo-calls with spoofed numbers, etc. Regulations were adjusted to make that so, but the carriers are still not there yet. The reason that some of these calls hit repeatedly is that the organization at the other end is using somewhat "stupid" dialer technology in some cases or misadjusted software....dialers queue multiple calls for an agent and sometimes mis-managed software forgets that there was already a connection to the queued up random number, etc. It can be maddening for sure.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...