Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More POST OFFICE woes

More POST OFFICE woes

efficiency at its best check this out.Its destination is Black Canyon City.

Saturday, Jul 11, 2020 9:38 AM EL MIRAGE , AZ MISSENT
    Saturday, Jul 11, 2020 8:11 AM EL MIRAGE , AZ ARRIVAL AT UNIT
    Saturday, Jul 11, 2020 5:14 AM BLACK CANYON CITY , AZ ARRIVE USPS FACILITY
    Saturday, Jul 11, 2020 2:52 AM PHOENIX , AZ DEPART USPS FACILITY
    Saturday, Jul 11, 2020 2:47 AM PHOENIX , AZ DEPART USPS FACILITY
    Saturday, Jul 11, 2020 2:34 AM PHOENIX , AZ DEPART USPS FACILITY
    Saturday, Jul 11, 2020 1:58 AM PHOENIX , AZ ARRIVE USPS FACILITY
    Saturday, Jul 11, 2020 1:31 AM PHOENIX , AZ ARRIVE USPS FACILITY
    Saturday, Jul 11, 2020 1:06 AM PHOENIX , AZ DEPART USPS FACILITY
    Saturday, Jul 11, 2020 12:19 AM PHOENIX , AZ DEPART USPS FACILITY
    Saturday, Jul 11, 2020 12:14 AM PHOENIX , AZ DEPART USPS FACILITY
    Friday, Jul 10, 2020 4:55 PM PHOENIX AZ DISTRIBUTION CENTER ANNEX Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility
    Friday, Jul 10, 2020 4:55 PM PHOENIX , AZ PROCESSED THROUGH USPS FACILITY
    Friday, Jul 10, 2020 12:00 AM N/A In Transit to Next Facility
    Wednesday, Jul 8, 2020 3:33 AM CHICAGO IL NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
    Tuesday, Jul 7, 2020 7:05 PM SOUTH ELGIN , IL Departed Post Office
    Tuesday, Jul 7, 2020 5:15 PM SOUTH ELGIN , IL USPS picked up item
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Blog Entries
    Is pot legal in AZ?
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

I don't know LOL Why, oh oh you think all the post office people are stoned hahahahahaha
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

I thought it was just me......something I was waiting for shipped from a warehouse maybe 20 miles away....now it is about 100 miles away.....

Of course in the wrong direction and two distribution points away...

Quote Originally Posted by Bert Kemp View Post
    I don't know LOL Why, oh oh you think all the post office people are stoned hahahahahaha
    Well, not long ago I complained about all the wanted posters being taken down, now they have Dayglo posters !!

Stuff like this with the PO seems to be the rule rather then the exception. I've had stuff like this happen many times, lost mail, things misdirected . Stuff sitting at the po for days before delivery it go's on and on and they wonder why their broke.
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

I had a pair of work boots shipped from a town less than 50 miles away. They got to my town in three days and sat in the back room for three weeks. Tracking showed delivered but I never received them for weeks. Out of the blue they appeared. Had to call back the seller and let them know to cancel the replacement pair. What a joke!

Recently had some metal lathe tooling get lost, or should I say make a few loops around the midwest for 2 months.

Recently shipped two packages priority mail to Flowerville Michigan. Only took two weeks. Third class would have been quicker. I have a package that is in local distribution center since February. Most of the items I order arrive several days before listed delivery date. Earlier this week, ordered some special bolts for a generator from McMasterCarr at 1:30PM. Next day at noon, bolts were in place on my generator. UPS brought them from Atlanta overnight. What frosts me is packages arrive at postal unit in Raleigh, next day they are in distribution center in Greensboro, and back to Raleigh the following day, Why the heck didn't USPS just keep them the first time they were in Raleigh? Ordered a set of feeler gauges form seller in Cary (next town over.) First they go to Raleigh, then back to Cary, and finally to Apex. Over fifty miles to make a five mile trip.

OK so heres another post one delivery was Friday this was suppose to be delivered today
    July 11, 2020
    In Transit, Arriving Late
    Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility.

July 7, 2020, 9:48 pm
    Arrived at USPS Origin Facility
    BURLINGAME, CA 94010

July 7, 2020, 8:33 pm
    Accepted at USPS Origin Facility
    SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94080

July 7, 2020, 5:46 pm
    Shipment Received, Package Acceptance Pending

July 7, 2020, 5:12 pm
    Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

I found out from a postal employee that when a package is delivered by another carrier such as DHL, UPS, FedEx, to the PO, it is not considered a priority and may sit in a warehouse somewhere for several days to even weeks until they have the time to move it. I ended up calling my PO directly to track a package and she found it sitting on a pallet with 49 other Sure Post packages that that had been there for over two weeks. My package was pulled immediately and moved forward. PO doesn't make much if any money on those type of deliveries. You wonder why they do it. Most of these type shipments are from places that offer free shipping and wind up being dropped off at the PO.
    My Dad always told me "Can't Never Could".

SWE

from experience, sometimes if its not something that fits in your mailbox, the USPS chooses not to leave it there.

I must have some sort of charm because my Post Office packages show up on time or ahead of schedule without taking trips around the world.

Heck, I ordered something that shipped on Monday via DHL Ecommerce and the Post Office delivered it on Thursday.

I've had just about an equal amount of shipping mishaps with the Big3...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Eure View Post
    I found out from a postal employee that when a package is delivered by another carrier such as DHL, UPS, FedEx, to the PO, it is not considered a priority and may sit in a warehouse somewhere for several days to even weeks until they have the time to move it. I ended up calling my PO directly to track a package and she found it sitting on a pallet with 49 other Sure Post packages that that had been there for over two weeks. My package was pulled immediately and moved forward. PO doesn't make much if any money on those type of deliveries. You wonder why they do it. Most of these type shipments are from places that offer free shipping and wind up being dropped off at the PO.
    I was told something similar when Amazon Prime was using USPS heavily, before the had their own delivery.

But most of the time, my post office does a pretty good job with packages.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”