Thread: Basket illusion platter

Basket illusion platter

I have been working on a platter with plans to do a basket illusion pattern on it. My question is how to handle the center of the platter where the lines become impossibly close together. Advice and insights appreciated.

Jenny, don't know if this would help, but you might try ChefWare Kits website. He has some info, if I'm not mistaken, that may help. If anything, you could call him, He has a great selection of tools for basket illusion.
    https://chefwarekits.com/
    My Dad always told me "Can't Never Could".

SWE

Jenny I usually choose to dye the center with one of the colors I am using. I dye out until I can actually color the small sections individually.
    Pete

* It's better to be a lion for a day than a sheep for life - Sister Elizabeth Kenny *
    I think this equates nicely to wood turning as well . . . . .

Look up video by Harvey Meyer. He shows how to do the whole process in a very good video.

Jenny,
    If you use a platform to lay a burning pen on, and an index wheel to burn all the lines, they will be so close together. But if you use the index wheel only for the pattern layout, and fill in all the rest freehand, the problem can be avoided.