Thread: Iridion tube tester

Iridion tube tester

I know there are some out here that run Iridion ceramic RF tubes in lasers such as Trotec, what do you use to test laser wattage?
    Trotec Speedy 400/80
    Camaster Stinger II CNC Router

Most laser power testers test the beam power directly in one way or another--

I just found this under-$300 tester from Cloudray on Amazon:
    https://www.amazon.com/Cloudray-Hand.../dp/B079LZQW8R

Seems it works, very simple to use, this video is in the ad...
    laser tester1.jpg
    laser tester2.jpg

I've bought like thirty C02 lenses, a batch of mirrors, at least five Fiber lenses, and I have a new fiber controller on it's way from them right now, and I've always been pleased. Since I have four C02 lasers in play, for $280 I'm probably going to order one...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Is it Ironic that I cut for a trade show builder and cut the Iridion logos and other lettering on a Chinese laser

I use a Mahoney "Laser Power Probe". Basically, it is a big kitchen thermometer with an anodized block of aluminum bonded to it for soaking up the heat from the laser beam. You fire the laser for a predetermined number of seconds, wait for the reading to stabilize, then read the scale to see what the power is. It is dead simple and robust. No electronics, no batteries. It will last a lifetime and costs less than the electronic one posted above - which appears to measures power using the same methodology, but with electronics in the way.

Mahoney Laser Power Probe.jpg
    Last edited by Rich Harman; 07-09-2020 at 6:02 PM.
    Shenhui 1440x850, 130 Watt Reci Z6
    Gerber Sabre 408

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Boatner View Post
    I know there are some out here that run Iridion ceramic RF tubes in lasers such as Trotec, what do you use to test laser wattage?
    Laser power meters like Ophir starlite, starbright, nova, nova ii, vega, centauri, or Gentec maestro etc…..
    Kind Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    Most laser power testers test the beam power directly in one way or another--

I just found this under-$300 tester from Cloudray on Amazon:
    https://www.amazon.com/Cloudray-Hand.../dp/B079LZQW8R

...Since I have four C02 lasers in play, for $280 I'm probably going to order one...
    If you do decide to get one of those, they are $179 on the CloudRay website.
    Shenhui 1440x850, 130 Watt Reci Z6
    Gerber Sabre 408