Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Thinking about getting a Minimax FS 41ES - Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Cox View Post
    It is done! I put down a deposit for the FS41ES today! Now I get to wait for my Christmas present... Real question is why does it take longer to build one of these guys than my 2021 F150...
    Congratulations, Brian!

The lead time is simply because they are built in Italy and are shipped via containers on ocean-going vessels. I'm guessing that the specific configuration you want isn't already here in North America in warehouse inventory. Individual machines are not shipped; rather, they fill up containers and then send them on their way. The wait is frustrating, but in the end, you'll forget about it. I had the same kind of "pregnancy" when I ordered my CNC machine. It was build in Georgia (USA) but every machine is assembled to order; hence, the wait.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Brian W Evans View Post
    That makes sense. Never seen one of those before...
    Most all older mid-range SCM, Robland, Electra Beckum, Rojek combination machines operated like this. Pretty common to see in Europe.

Both the infeed and outfeed sides on my FS350 J/P flip up individually, but they do so straight back, not on angles like in those photos. That's why the Euro bridge guard works perfectly well on my machine.
    --

Congratulations! Were you able to get the FS41ES with the motorized table (and 1-Phase)?

Well my 41ES has arrived state side. It is in CA. They called me today. Funny thing is my 2021 F150 that I ordered the same time is being built this week. Now we will see which arrives first.

Well it has finally arrived. I unloaded it today without any damage to it. Any suggestions for getting it off the crate. I have access to a skid steer but it is a bit of a chore to move it.

Congratulations! I have the FS30 and used an engine crane to lift it off the pallet and put it on a Bora mobile base. I got that tip here. It was only $30 to rent a crane. I picked up some cheap hooks at the Canadian version of Harbor Freight and used the lifting holes on the machine. It was a task I was thinking would be a challenge that turned out to be quick and stress free.
    Good luck and enjoy!

Well it has finally arrived. I unloaded it today without any damage to it. Any suggestions for getting it off the crate. I have access to a skid steer but it is a bit of a chore to move it.
    I built a simple ramp and wheeled it off the pallet onto the floor of my garage.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

chain hoist, pick it up a little, slide the pallet out from underneath. Check the manual for the lifting points.

Congrats!!

Phil's method is valid, especially if you got the mobility kit. An engine hoist or similar also works and can be rented if you don't have one. The lifting points should be marked, but there should also be a diagram in the documentation.
    --

Thanks for the information! So I’m just now getting around to setting up the machine. I have removed the two metal shipping straps that hold the top down. However when I turn the lever on the right to unlatch the top so I can open it it does not open. It’s as if it needs to turn a bit more to unlatch it. Any suggestions?

Thanks for the information! So I’m just now getting around to setting up the machine. I have removed the two metal shipping straps that hold the top down. However when I turn the lever on the right to unlatch the top so I can open it it does not open. It’s as if it needs to turn a bit more to unlatch it. Any suggestions?
    Did you unlatch and slide the lever to the side as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Gaudio View Post
    Did you unlatch and slide the lever to the side as well?
    Thanks Man. It was stuck.
    Last edited by Brian Cox; 02-06-2021 at 10:22 PM.

Thanks Man. It was stuck.
    So lets see some pictures of the new machine: you know the rule: no pictures, it didn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Gaudio View Post
    So lets see some pictures of the new machine: you know the rule: no pictures, it didn't happen.
    Spent a good hour last night getting the sticky stuff off it. Got a power cord for it today. Will wire it up this evening.

IMG_4705.jpg

IMG_4753.jpg

IMG_4754.jpg

Ha I think it took longer to get the pictures to show up on this forum then it did to get that beast off the pallet...
    Last edited by Brian Cox; 02-09-2021 at 4:55 PM.