Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best replacement for old shop vac

Pete, I eyed the Oneida set up and would have loved to get it. However, the cost in Oz was too great to rationalise. It does look nicer than mine!

Regards from Perth

Derek

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Sabo View Post
    Careful now. Many (most) of these recs are for the older, "made in Germany" models that look like R2D2. Not the current Eastern European made box vacs. And , yes, the turbines are the same, only the capacity changes for the most part. There are some additional accessory changes and perhaps a feature added on the higher models too.
    Thanks for the info. I was aware that the newer squarish models were different than the older, more cylindrical models, but not about the made in Germany vs Eastern Europe difference. Since the Iron Curtain fell, I'd rather my money go there than to China. I'd rather it stay here in the USA, but that isn't always practical.

I've read elsewhere they are made in either Romania or the Chech Republic. I know at least the latter makes some very fine firearms.

-- Andy - Arlington TX

I am on my 4th Fein, with 3 in use (loaned one out and it got trashed: lesson learned). To me, the noise reduction of the Fein is worth the price of admission.