Thread: Fuji gun question

Fuji gun question

I'm using a Fuji T70 with PPS and every once in a while I find finish on the inside of the air cap when I'm cleaning the gun. I haven't notice any adverse effects in the finish I was just trying to figure out what is going on. Any ideas or help would be appreciated. Thanks

regards Randy

One possibility is that the needle is not seating cleanly in the fluid nozzle, so a little fluid dribbles through. It is dribbling when the trigger has turned off the air flow, so the dribbles may wind up where you see them.

On my Fuji, the needle sometimes gets dried finish on it at the rear, where it is exiting the gun body to go to the trigger. Try taking the gun apart a bit, and seeing if the needle is sliding in and out smoothly.

On my Fuji XPC gun, I get that sometimes too with PPS. I just let the air cap soak in lacquer thinner after use, and with a toothbrush it goes away almost instantly. I'm almost exclusively spraying lacquer, though. Use whatever solvent is indicated for your finish.

I haven't seen it on my T70 gun yet, but I just got that one.
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.