Thread: 15" Wide Belt Sander won't turn off

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

15" Wide Belt Sander won't turn off

Hi All. Trying to troubleshoot my 15" Extrema wide belt sander's "off" issue. Not a ton of stuff online for this exact machine but the Grizzly G0819 appears to be effectively the same machine. Barring some differing control layout the internals and electrical side of things look identical. Likely cam e from the same factory.

Little back story, I acquired this machine from an old employer so I have a fair bit of time on it but was told that while it still ran fine it wouldn't turn off, you had to unplug it or cut the breaker. I finally got around to getting it into my shop and all that held true. Conveyor and head both run fine, pneumatics are all working, but none of the (5 total) off switches do anything. Plug it in, everything starts running. There are 3 emergency cut-offs, as well as the individual stops for the feed and conveyor, none do a thing.

I gave everything a pretty thorough once over, blew out the minimal dust in the electrical boxes but still nothing. I'm assuming something is foul in one of the contactors, something fused itself open? Just a guess though.

Anyone ever experience something similar or have any thoughts? I've added some pics for reference. Please let me know if it would help to see anything else.

IMG_5127 by Josh Falcon, on Flickr

IMG_5117 by Josh Falcon, on Flickr

IMG_5118 by Josh Falcon, on Flickr
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Josh Falcon; 07-06-2020 at 2:00 PM.